CARE FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES
Clinique podiatrique Simoni Therrien is a leader in the prevention and care of diabetic foot lesions. Our expertise provides diabetic patients with a better quality of life.
People with diabetes face special problems when sores or lesions form on their feet. A loss of feeling often hinders early detection and awareness of the severity of lesions, rendering the healing process slower and more difficult. Your podiatrist has a range of modern tools and techniques to effectively treat diabetic foot sores, including:
- An extensive care protocol that includes surgical debridement and the application of advanced products for the treatment of diabetic sores
- Synthetic skin grafts, a technique that can be beneficial in treating some wounds
- Laser therapy to aid the body’s natural healing process
- A hyperbaric chamber, which accelerates oxygenation of the hemoglobin and tissue, thereby promoting healing
- Orthotics that are specially designed for the diabetic foot and personalized for each patient. A full-contact insert may be recommended, as well as modifications to the patient’s footwear
Your podiatrist can recommend the right approach to prevent, correct or cure diabetic foot problems.